Friday, January 25, 2013

Cars 2 - (2011)

Summary:
Superstar race car Lightning McQueen and his pal Mater head overseas to compete in the World Grand Prix race. But the road to the championship becomes rocky as Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage.

Our Review:

I have to say I was actually disappointed with the second film in this series. It was a decent film but I did not get the same feeling I got when I watched the first one or other Pixar films. It felt as if Cars 2 had very little character development. Most of it lies with Mater whom is too much of a simple character. Everything about him is on the surface for all to see. He's the same character in movie one and the same in movie two. He is however a terrific side character, just lacking complexity for a full story.

The whole spies and cars thing seems to go well together, this brings a bit of Bond to mind. My favorite was the opening scene on the drilling platform with the fast chase and cool gadgets.

While the first Cars movie paraded and embraced its side characters, this movie almost abandons them. The movie had its silly moments and I did catch myself laughing from time to time but that was about it. I did notice there was quite a bit of cartoonish violence in this movie versus the first one. This also caught me off guard, part of me is wondering what the moms and dads thought about this one. Feel free to weigh in on this one in the comments section if you're a parent.

Our Rating:



Cars 2 DVD:
Cars 2 Blu-Ray:
Stream Cars 2:
Coming Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment